Historical map Amsterdam - historical maps Rotterdam
- A precious possession
- With a historical map you really bring something unique into your home
- A fixed-value article
- An extensive collection of the most special and rare cards
- Beautiful historical maps with decorative cartouches and decorations
A historical map of Amsterdam or the historical maps of Rotterdam are very nice and special to collect. Now a historical map of Amsterdam is a nice collector's item, but in the past the map had an important function. The world or a city could be unlocked by means of a map. What did the city of Amsterdam actually look like? A precious possession because people in the 16th and 17th centuries simply did not see much of the world. Today we have the internet, in the past people had these cards.
And through these historical maps one now gets a very nice picture of the development of a city in that period.
Historical map of Amsterdam: most maps ever made
Did you know that most maps of Amsterdam have ever been made? There are many historical maps of Amsterdam available. This is because the city of Amsterdam was continuously growing. And all those added pieces had to be mapped out in order to make the growth of the city transparent for everyone. In the 17th century, a historical map of Amsterdam or of the Netherlands cost as much as a painting by Rembrandt or one of his pupils.
In addition to Amsterdam, many historical maps of Rotterdam have also been made.
Beautiful historical maps
Over the centuries, fantastically good draughtsmen, etchers, engravers, lithographers and publishers have been busy producing and publishing beautiful historical maps of Rotterdam and Amsterdam, among others. The old maps are therefore more than worth buying by enthusiasts.
Curious? Then take a look at the extensive catalog of Dat Narrenschip or visit one of our sales points during opening hours.
- Old topographical maps of the Netherlands
- Buy old maps or topographical maps of Zeeland
- Historical cartography
- Buy historical prints and maps
- Old cards
- Antiquarian 'That Fool's Ship'
- Village views
- Old atlases and old topographical maps
- World map old
- Cityscape of Amsterdam – old maps
- Looking for an old city map of Utrecht?
- Historical maps of the Netherlands
- Historical topographical maps and maps
- Old cities prints
- Large old maps of the Netherlands
- Old and antique prints for sale
- Beautiful old prints of Amsterdam
- Historic maps
- Old topographical maps
- Old map – old map of Amsterdam
- Print shop in Amsterdam with old prints of Amsterdam
- Would you like to buy antique prints in Utrecht, Leiden or The Hague?
- Authentic old prints of Rotterdam and Leiden
- Old maps of The Hague or elsewhere in South Holland
- Old atlases
- Historical maps - historical cartography
- Old maps of Dutch cities – province maps of the Netherlands
- Would you like to buy an antique world map or an old map of Utrecht?
- Cityscape of Amsterdam
- Historical prints
- Historical topographic maps
- Looking for historical maps of Rotterdam?
- Old maps of the Netherlands
- Cityscapes of Amsterdam
- Prints Leiden – prints Amsterdam
- Historical map Amsterdam - historical maps Rotterdam
- Old map shop in Amsterdam
- Antique world map - world map old