Old atlases and old topographical maps
- From the 16th to the 19th century
- Old maps and atlases with beautiful decorative elements
- We do not offer reproductions. Our membership of the Nederlandsche Vereeniging van Antiquaren and of the International League of Antiquarian Booksellers confirms this
Before Copernicus, the earth was thought to be the center of the known universe. In that worldview, the sun revolved around the earth. We can't imagine that anymore, can we? Fortunately, exploration and cartography developed very quickly after the Middle Ages. Because did you know that the oldest printed atlas dates from 1477? And that already in 1570 a modern atlas appeared, which was built up in a fixed composition. The composition that we now also know from the atlas. So from large (the whole world) to small (countries, provinces and cities). At Dat Narrenschip we sell these beautiful old atlases and old topographical maps.
Beautiful old atlases and topographical maps
The old atlases and old topographical maps from the 17th century are beautiful pieces. These atlases and maps formed a kind of stage of the world, as it were. Beautifully decorated with decorative elements. We owe the word atlas to Gerard Mercator, who introduced the word atlas. And it is still used that way to this day.
The best known, most famous and most beautiful atlas ever made is Joan Bleau's atlas, Atlas Major. This consists of 12 parts of the whole world. And one of those parts is completely devoted to the Netherlands.
A large collection of old topographical maps
Antiquariaat Dat Narrenschip has an extensive collection of old topographical maps. Dating from the 16th century to the 19th century. These topographical maps provide you with a unique picture of the world at that time. You will experience that behind these cards everything is hidden, a beautiful story.
Interested in one or more old topographical maps or old atlases? Place your order by phone or e-mail or come to one of our sales points during opening hours.
- Old topographical maps of the Netherlands
- Buy old maps or topographical maps of Zeeland
- Historical cartography
- Buy historical prints and maps
- Old cards
- Antiquarian 'That Fool's Ship'
- Village views
- Old atlases and old topographical maps
- World map old
- Cityscape of Amsterdam – old maps
- Are you looking for an old city map of Utrecht?
- Historical maps of the Netherlands
- Historical topographical maps and maps
- Old cities prints
- Large old maps of the Netherlands
- Old and antique prints for sale
- Beautiful old prints of Amsterdam
- Historic maps
- Old topographical maps
- Old map – old map of Amsterdam
- Print shop in Amsterdam with old prints of Amsterdam
- Would you like to buy antique prints in Utrecht, Leiden or The Hague?
- Authentic old prints of Rotterdam and Leiden
- Old maps of The Hague or elsewhere in South Holland
- Old atlases
- Historical maps - historical cartography
- Old maps of Dutch cities – province maps of the Netherlands
- Would you like to buy an antique world map or an old map of Utrecht?
- Cityscape Amsterdam
- Historical prints
- Historical topographic maps
- Looking for historical maps of Rotterdam?
- Old maps of the Netherlands
- Cityscapes Amsterdam
- Prints Leiden – prints Amsterdam
- Historical map Amsterdam - historical maps Rotterdam
- Old map shop in Amsterdam
- Antique world map - world map old